I love the idea of working out. I often find myself having flashbacks to days gone by where I actually got up and did an exercise routine, and it motivates me. I have been trying to get back into the swing of things, but it can be tough after so many years sitting stagnate in front of a computer working. To help make it easier on myself, I have 10 tips to develop a better exercise routine. They have helped a lot and so I wanted to share them with you in hopes that they can help motivate you (if needed) to live a healthier lifestyle. I would also love for you to share your tips and tricks with me (and others) in the comments.
10 tips to develop a better exercise routine
- Set realistic Goals and Write everything down
- Get your favorite blood pumping tunes together on a portable device (like ipod, phone, mp3 player, etc and get a good pair of headphones)
- Understand your limits
- Find what works best and start small
- Wear appropriate exercise clothing
- Go commando if having underwear is uncomfortable
- Drink lots of water
- Eat better (lots of veggies, some fruits, 100% whole grains) and cut way back on processed foods and portion sizes
- Get good shoes
- Get a friend to go on the journey with you
These are all equally important. You have to do them all in order to succeed and you have to do it diligently. Don’t let one bad day, or week, discourage you. There will be ups and downs, but the goals is to make sure the ups outweigh the downs.
If you are nervous about going commando, remember you can get a free Go Commando kit from Cottonelle. I think we would all be surprised by how many people actually do go commando. To prevent unwanted wedgies while exercising, it is the perfect solution. Not sure what a Go Commando kit includes? You will get free samples of the Cottonelle Clean Care Toilet Paper and the Cottonelle Fresh Care Flushable Cleaning Cloths! Get a strong and effective confident clean with both of these products that work together for the ultimate clean!
What tips do you have to develop a better exercise routine?