This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MarchIntoSavings #CollectiveBias
The holidays (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc) always get us in a bit of a hole financially. With four kids and my tendency to get them too much – it doesn’t always mix (but I am trying to do better- I make a list now!). One thing that has really helped us, is to put month into a “special” savings account every month that is used just for holidays and birthdays.
This has helped us budget our money more wisely for occasions as well as help us keep track of other things. We have always used a Monthly Budget because we like to keep track of everything and be organized. Not only does this save us time – but it also lets us know where our money is going and to make sure we don’t overspend. You can get a free monthly Printable Budget PDF that you can (Save, Print or Download)
Here are 10 tips to find extra money in your budget:
- Review your current cell phone plan. Walmart Family Mobile has new 4G LTE service that is part of the $29.88/month for the first line for Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data! This includes 500MB of 4G LTE Data. They have great phones like the Alcatel Evolve 2 starting at just $39.83 (was $59.88) to get you going.
- Call your cable/satellite company and go over service, pricing and ask for a discount
- Get rid of a home phone if you have cell phones
- Start using a monthly budget so you know your income and expenditures
- Ride a bike or walk (when the weather permits) instead of driving to save on gas
- Plan out your meals and only go grocery shopping 1 a week or every 2 weeks. Stop eating out as much.
- Keep track of your receipts on your phone by taking pictures of them so you know exactly what you are spending your money on.
- Install useful apps on your phone (like your banking app, grocery stores you shop at – for coupons/sales, lowest priced gas app, streaming music for free, etc). These will allow you to do more and save more, as well as be on the go.
- Download free e-books to your phone instead of buying paper/hard back copies
- Use bill pay through your bank or credit union (usually for free) to pay and schedule your monthly bills
There is room in almost every budget. Why not make a little more by getting a phone plan that gives you the service you want for the price you need? Walmart Family Mobile has great plans that allow you to cut back on the cost without sacrificing the quality or service!
You can find the Walmart Family Mobile phones and plan information in the Electronics area of your local Walmart stores. These Lowest Priced Unlimited Plans with 4G LTE are amazing! It is so easy to get started – just pick your phone – grab an activation card, and you are on your way. It was a very quick process for us. You can port your numbers over to your new phone, and your service
Here are the free printable monthly budgets for your to save, download and print:
Disclaimer: All prices for phones and plans included in this post are accurate as of the date of posting; however, these prices are subject to change. Please refer to http://cbi.as/aafid or your local Walmart for current pricing.