My 4 year old LOVES Shimmer and Shine so when our pre-release copy came she was beyond excited to get it open and watch it. It is packed with 7 fun episodes with over 2 ½ hours of magical content. This DVD comes with a set of four hair ties as a fun gift with purchase! Shimmer and Shine airs on Nickelodeon, weekdays at 11:30am ET/PT so be sure to tune in with your little ones to watch the fun and adventure.
Nickelodeon’s (mis)adventurous and magical twin sisters come to DVD on Shimmer and Shine. In its standalone DVD debut, fans can join Shimmer, Shine, Leah and her friend Zac in the magical worlds of genies, dinosaurs and more. Despite any obstacles, the power of teamwork and friendship help to make their adventures turn out great!
About Shimmer and Shine:
Twin sisters Shimmer and Shine are Leah’s secret genies-in-training! Leah always has some dilemma that she needs her magical friends’ help with, and the genies are happy to grant her three wishes a day. As genies-in-training, they sometimes misinterpret what Leah wishes for, and often times they’ll accidentally grant her wishes she didn’t even mean to make. Each wrong wish quickly compounds into a crazy adventure. Ultimately, through teamwork, the genies and Leah find a way to fix the problem without the use of wishes.
Shimmer and Shine includes the following episodes:
- Genie Treehouse – Leah and Zac try building a treehouse but find themselves in over their heads. Leah asks her genies for a treehouse and is thrown for a loop when Shimmer and Shine turn her house into a house of trees.
- Ahoy, Genies! – When Leah’s bucket full of beach treasures floats into the vast ocean, Leah summons Shimmer and Shine to help her retrieve the loot. With the genies’ assistance, a typical day at the beach quickly escalates into a magical beach treasure hunt, complete with a treasure map, pirate ship, and a talking parrot.
- The Sweetest Thing – When Leah wishes for help making cupcakes for her school bake sale, she and the genies find themselves stuck with a giant birthday cake, some farm animals and a river of cupcake batter. How in the world will Leah finish her cupcakes without any wishes left, or worse, explain all this craziness to her curious (and hungry) neighbor Zac?
- Lights! Camera! Genies! – When it looks like Movie Night will be a no-go, Leah asks Shimmer and Shine for some movie magic help. But when they accidentally wish the movie to life, they turn Leah into a medieval princess with a flying dragon to tame in her own backyard.
- What a Pig Mess – When Leah’s party food accidentally gets run over by Zac in his battery-operated car, Leah needs to figure out what else to bring fast. Leah asks her genies for more Pigs in a Blanket, but the genies give her real pigs wrapped in a blanket. It’s up to Leah and the girls to catch the fast little pigs and find a way to fix this hog-sized mistake.
- Abraca-Genie – Leah notices Zac the Magician’s magic tricks aren’t going quite so well, so she calls on her genies for some real magic assistance. But Shimmer and Shine aren’t getting the tricks right either and suddenly more than a rabbit pops out of Zac’s hat – a whole zoo of animals. The girls have to find a way to fix the magical mess before Zac’s big performance.
- Dino Mite! – After searching endlessly for Zac’s missing dinosaur toy, Leah asks her genies to wish up a replacement and gets stuck with a real live Apatosaurus. Now Leah, Shimmer and Shine have to figure out a way to fix this behemoth mistake before Zac finds out – and it all starts with a little bit of dino training.
If your kids love Shimmer and Shine as much as mine, you need to check out these other great items (perfect for Valentine’s and Easter)