Potato, Ham, and Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
With the cold weather in full swing I was totally craving soup. Potato soup is my favorite and we wanted to try out some of the Applewood Smoked Ham we just got from Zaycon, so I gave in and made some.
Here is the recipe:
- 8-10 small potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 cups of cubed Applewood Smoked Ham from Zaycon
- 1-2 cups Broccoli cut into chunks
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 can of condensed cheddar soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Bring 5-6 cups of water with the bouillon cubes in it to boil
- Add potatoes and broccoli and cook for about 10-15 minutes (or until potatoes are tender)
- While potatoes are cooking you can dice the ham and heat it in a skillet
- When potatoes are done, drain most of the liquid into a heat safe bowl
- Return potatoes/broccoli to stovetop and add milk, soup, and sour cream. Add the remaining liquid as design to make soup as thin or thin as you prefer.
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheese to soup mixture and stir until all ingredients are blended.
- Serve and sprinkle cheese on top, with bread on the side.
After you try this recipe we would love to know what you think! 🙂