I have used Old Spice Deodorant ever since my Dad bought it and sent it to me while I was living in Brazil when I was 19. Up until that point I had been using another brand, and because of the humidity and the amount of walking, I was always sweating. Also, because of the sweat, the current deodorant that I was using was turning the armpit area of my white dress shirts yellow. Are you kidding me? Yellow? I was screaming cusswords in a foreign language. I believe there was something weird in that deodorant that reacted with my perspiration and my clothes. That’s when I wrote a letter home and asked for advice. While waiting for a response I tried pretty much every brand of deodorant that I could get down there. Nothing worked! I was ready to give up and just stop using deodorant all together. Then my Dad answered my call of distress, and I got a package with Old Spice. I was to the point of dreading leaving the house. I was also sick of using brand after brand, so when the Old Spice came I almost took and chucked it out the front door. I am so glad I didn’t make that mistake. Not only did the Old Spice work, I smelled better than any of the other people I worked with and they were all so stinkin’ (literally) curious what I was using and wanted to know what my secret was. By the time I left, all of my co-workers were wearing Old Spice Deodorant.
Seeing how I had to learn the hard way that I should have just used Old Spice to begin with, I obviously wanted to pass that knowledge along to my kids. I never expected my 5 year old t do what he did! Do you realize how much your kids mimic your actions? My 5 year old son watches the things that I do closely. The other day I was putting deodorant on under my arms when my son asked “Dad, why do you put that stuff under your arms? ” I jokingly replied “I have to put it where I have hair so that my hair will grow and smell good.” I left the bathroom to go get my shirt and upon returning, my son had taken off the cap to the Old Spice and he had rubbed it all over his body, his face, his arms and armpits, stomach and legs. Everything looked covered. I couldn’t hide the surprise on my face as I asked, “What are you doing?” He said, “putting this on like you.” I said, “why are you putting it everywhere? ” He didn’t even miss a beat. He looked right at me as serious as could be and he replied, “I want to have hair like Grandpa.” I couldn’t stop laughing.
I want to let everyone know that I love Old Spice and will NEVER use anything else. Thank you Old Spice for restoring my confidence in Deodorants and other necessities like body spray, body wash, and shaving products. My wife is pretty good about keeping me stocked up, and we always make sure we use Old Spice Coupons when we buy them. You can get a GREAT Old Spice coupon right now – JUST CLICK HERE.
You can learn more about Old Spice and “Dadsong” on:
WEBSITE | http://oldspice.com
FACEBOOK | https://www.facebook.com/OldSpice
TWITTER | https://twitter.com/oldspice
INSTAGRAM | http://instagram.com/oldspice
We are excited to be hosting a “Old Spice Holiday Smellcome to Manhood” kit Giveaway. The contents are listed below:
- Old Spice Re-fresh Body Spray– The gift that keeps on giving, one spray at a time. Be among the first to enjoy new Old Spice Timber – the best way to get that lumberjacky smell without working at a local tree lot.
- Old Spice T-Shirt– The manliest chest tattoo on the planet without the regret when you turn 60.
- Old Spice Branded Earbuds– Silence mom’s singing in the car. You’re welcome.
- Bear Paws Meat Tool– Cutlery your dad, his friend Dave and Uncle John will be impressed with when you’re given the reins to carve the holiday bird.
- Duct Tape– Fix anything on the planet, except holiday lights, where only half the strand works.
- Art of Manliness Book – Full of wisdom and New Year’s Resolutions.
- “Scent Responsibly” Instructions– Nothing will earn you grandma’s fruitcake faster than overspraying. Thanks to Old Spice Re-fresh technology – where one spray lasts all day – you can smell like a man and not a middle school locker room.
- Smellcome to Manhood Certificate– A made-up diploma for the inside of your locker or to add to your LinkedIn profile.
Entering is easy. Wait for the Rafflecoptor to load and enter below. Must be 18 or older to enter. Open to US only. Giveaway will run from 11/28/14 – 12/9/14.
“This post and giveaway were made possible by Double Duty Divas and Old Spice. I was compensated for my participation in this campaign, but all opinions are 100% mine.“